Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Names Around The World

I searched the name Parrish first, to see where all my last name is around the world. The list that it came up with was: United States, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Denmark, Norway, Spain, Ireland, and Germany. I wasn't surprised to see some of those countries, but I was surprised to see Australia for some reason. Then I searched Vandeberg, my mom's maiden name, and I got fewer countries. I got Belgium, Netherlands, United States, Germany, and Norway. My heritage is Dutch and German, so I assumed that both of those would be in my list somewhere. This is a cool website that you were given. It is so interesting how people make websites of the most random things, like where all is your name in the world! I also, just for fun, checked out where my boyfriend's name is. His last name is Crotty. His name was in Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, United States, Luxembourg, United Kingdom, Canada, Denmark, Switzerland, and the Netherlands. We have our names in a lot of the same countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment