Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Honduras


I was offered a great opportunity at my church a couple weeks ago. Last year, a few ladies from my church went to Honduras for a mission trip. They taught Bible School for a week while they were down there. I am in charge of the VBS at my church this year and I just asked them if they were going because we would make our offerings go to them to buy the materials if they were planning on going. She told me that they weren't planning on going this year so I started looking for another mission project. Then the next week she came to church and said since I had asked they decided to go again! Then she invited me to go along with them. I got really excited and decided that I wanted to go! But then I went home and I checked my calendar and it was a week in July. I was already going to be gone for 2 and a half weeks in July and couldn't handle missing work for another full week. I had to then tell her that I wasn't able to go because I need to be working and making money this summer. So since I couldn't go this summer, they are going to plan another trip for next summer and I am planning on going with them when they go! I'm so excited for it! I'm still bummed that I can't go this summer, but I'm just thankful that I can hopefully go with them next summer and experience something so cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment