Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The World in a New Perspective


It's so interesting to think about how our world can look so different if you just change the view a little bit. Google Earth is helpful because it helps you to recognize places around the world even at a different angle or different perspective. I've been using Google Earth lately to help me with my map quizzes and it just helps so much to see the different places in a different view. I thought this view of the islands between Asia and Australia was cool. If you just looked at it without knowing that it was at a different perspective I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't even know where it was. With the features that Google Earth has, it is a learning process to figure out where things are and understand that it isn't always on a flat surface with north at the top and south at the bottom. It's cool to look at the world in a new way.

1 comment:

  1. Emily,
    Good work on your blog. Your posts are thorough and interesting. Also, you have stayed current with you posts. Being a Google Earth addict, I'm glad to see that you enjoy using it. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete